There are a TON of resources out there now to help you along your genealogical journey. Some are free, some are not, and I’ve broken them down into two separate sections:
Genealogical Research Resources
- Family Search
- Stephen P. Morse’s One-step Searches
- Find A Grave
- Free Downloadable & Printable Charts
- Diggin’ Up Graves (a blog with helpful information)
- DNA- What, when, how, why FAQs for beginners (Donna Rutherford’s blog)
- Introduction to Using DNA for Genealogy
- Understanding the Y Match
- DNA 102: Interpreting your DNA Test Results
- Segmentology: Getting Started with GEDMatch
- The Genetic Genealogist: Shared cM Project Blaine Bettinger
DNA Testing Companies
Social media sites such as Facebook, Instagram, WordPress, Blogger/Blogspot, and even Twitter can provide helpful information when researching your family tree. Don’t be afraid to use Google to search for ancestors or resources.
I highly recommend Amy Johnson Crow’s blog on WordPress as she is the creator of the 52 Ancestors Challenge.